Saturday, May 24, 2008

5.25.07



Just got back from Cali-forn-eee-ahhh! Spent most of my time in Laguna Beach, or as some call it, the REAL O.C....as opposed to the fake one. I also went down and saw Jimmy Kimmel Live while I was down there. You would be shocked at how small the studio is. I totally lucked out too, seeing as there were NO in studio guests. However, I did get to see the Pussycat Dolls perform live! The performance was equivalent to getting a lap dance with no physical contact. The lead singer Nicole Schezineggger or whatever is hot as hell. The rest of them are basically talentless glorified strippers. Another night I wound up on a beach with a bunch of people smoking Hash while one dude played Hotel California on a guitar and a 75 year old hippie talked about "righteous vibes". No bullshit. If thats not Cali I don't know what is.

Now Cali is great and all but here is the one thing that REALLY REALLY SUCKS. Now please remember this is coming from a New Yorker where I usually don't go out until 11:30 PM. It is state law in California that every club and bar closes at 2:00 AM, and everyone starts being piled out at 1:45 AM. I was pounding down Hawain Ice Teas when the owner started yelling and pushing people out in a line like cattle to the slaughter. We couldn't even finish our drinks. I felt like I was in a speakeasy during the Prohibtion and the feds were raiding. Besides for that it is pretty bad ass, and everyone is extremely nice and laid back. Why wouldn't they be? They live in paradise, spend all day at the beach, smoke the finest weed, are surrounded by beautiful women.....why wouldn't you want to live there?

No comments: