Tuesday, May 27, 2008

MJ at the Movies.


SUMMER BLOCKBUSTER EDITION....


Wow...I have not been to the movies in a REALLY long time.  I hear the new Indiana Jones is written like shit and has aliens in it. What in the bluest hell?! Why are their aliens in Indiana Jones? I heard Iron Man kicks ass, and is the best superhero movie to date. Harold and Kumar 2 was apparently good, but did anyone actually see it? And god damn....this Sex and the City movie...its already starting to piss me off. Does this movie promote being a slut? Is that the point of the show? To teach girls how to be a slut? And Sarah Jessica Parker is a ugly horse faced demon. Now another movie that looks terrible but I bet you is awesome...Dont mess with Zohan. This movie is written by Sandler and Smeigel. Who is Smeigel you ask? He is the genius behind Triumph the insult dog. So this summer go see Iron Man and Zohan....and get ready for the documentary sweeping the film festivals called "Tyson." I will let you guess what thats about.

Now for a movie I just re-watched. "There Will Be Blood." Upon my first viewing I thought it was overrated. It had a memorable performance from Day-Lewis who had a couple of great lines, and a good supporting actor. Besides for that there wasn't much from the rest of the cast. Re-watching it, I enjoyed it much more. It is a very enjoyable film with a great soundtrack and great cinematography. Basically I feel this movie is Scarface set in a different era. You have to guys looking for the "American Dream". You have two ultra charismatic characters that are likable, but real evil. Both show moments where they seem like good people, but in the end, show their true colors. Both get the power and money, but end up unhappy and addicting to drugs/alcohol. Both speak in a voice everyone will immitate and both spew out awesome one liners. See...same movie.

No comments: