Monday, June 02, 2008

Summer Jam



Went to Summer Jam 2008 at Giants Stadium last night. We wound up taking a HUGE H2 Hummer limo, so the ride there was more fun then the actual concert. On the way in our drunken stupor we all bought cheap rip off Kanye West glasses....the  white ones that look like someone shades on their window. We had the limo pumping music in the parking lot with girls dancing on top and Jamacians and G's passing blunts around like it was legal. Security was great and we brought in 11 blunts with us and I brought in a water bottle of Brandy. I loved that the security guard didn't even bother to ask why why water was brown.

Now onto the show...I'm not gonna lie...I was really fucked up, and I read a recap and I had no idea Fabolous and Akon were even there. So anyway...Young Berg and Ray J opened and we missed their performance. Who gives a fuck. Although "Sexy Can I" is a rather good song. Next up was "The Dream". Fuck this guy...he wont be around come this time next year. His songs are for chicks. Then came Alicia Keys...she was alright, but it really kicked ass when some Wu-Tang members came out and did C.R.E.A.M. It was great to see Method....that is real rap. The announcer then said D-Block was coming and to tuck your chains in. I loved that. I think D-Block is overrated, but they did bring out Fat Joe, Akon, and some other guy....or was that T-Pain who did that. T-Pain is not a real musician...he uses a god damn robot voice. That should not be allowed. I would have rather seen the robot from Pee-Wee Herman perform his songs. LL Cool J made a guest performance which was awesome, I really wish he would did more the one song. Next up was Lil Wayne who was interesting. I wasn't too big on his song selection but whatever.  Then Kanye came out and KILLED it. He made everyone else seem like amateur hour. He had crazy shit going on and a sick amount of pyrotechnics. Simply amazing. You got to see Kanye live. After him was Public Enemy and that scary looking man named Flava Flav. They sucked. Im sorry but I can't take Flava seriously when he is talking about how the government is screwing us up. Im a fan of old school hip hop, but I was never a PE fan. After them they were hinting a big suprise was coming. I was hoping for Jay-Z.....Outkast...maybe even Eminem.....but instead it was a major letdown with the ghosts of 2Pac and Biggie. Just Clownin Dawg. When they were amping everyone for the surprise I was chanting for "Bon Jovi". I would have loved to see the reaction they would have gotten. I'm assuming a lot of "What the fuck?"s. Anyway it was the one hit wonder Jim Jones. This was the time me and my crew ducked the hell out of there. Oh yeah that reminds me....where the hell was Rhianna? She was suppose to be there and was right on the center of the friggin shirt. Summer Jam is a good time, but rap is not where it should be. Maybe I'm just getting old but I don't get a lot of this new shit coming out. I would have rather seen LL and Wu-Tang do a full set then the fucking Dream and T-Pain.

No comments: