Sunday, June 22, 2008

6.22.08

This man above is the single reason why the Mets are entertaining this season. Jerry Manuel, the new Mets manager is out of his friggin mind. I first realized this at his introductory speech as manager where made the comment, "Gangstas on the field, woman on the bus." Some reporter was talking loud and he yelled at him, "YO! YO! Take that outside man!" I knew right away this was the manager we needed. The other day Reyes threw a tantrum and Jerry Manuel made one of my favorite comments ever about it: "I told him the next time he does that, I'm going to get my blade out and cut him right on the field. I'm a gangsta." That is awesome. I don't think any other manager has threatened to cut a player. He then went on to refer to Reyes as a woman saying, "She acted up with me, and she had a day off." Now just today he is quoted as saying that angry Mets fans are fertilizer....basically pieces of shit. This guy is really helping to liven things up.

No comments: