Saturday, June 14, 2008

Dock Ellis - Hero


Who is this man? Its Dock Ellis... an American Hero. Why is he a hero.... he threw a no-hitter...while on acid! Amazing! Outlandish! Supernatural! Apparently he was just chilling out at home with his girlfriend dropping some acid. He didn't realize he had a game that day until she looked at the paper and saw he was pitching in a couple of hours. I love how unorganized baseball was back then, the players didn't even know when it was game day. So anyway he decides to go pitch and throws a fucking no hitter. Here he is reminiscing...

"I can only remember bits a pieces of the game. I was psyched. I had a feeling of euphoria. I was zeeroed in on the [catcher's] glove, but I didn't hit the glove too much....The ball was small sometimes, the ball was large sometimes, sometimes I saw the cathcher, sometimes I didn't. Sometimes I tried to stare the hitter down while I was looking at him."

How awesome is it when your acid flashback is a no hitter in the majors?

No comments: