Wednesday, June 04, 2008

6.4.08



Like it or not, the movie industry is all about comics now a days...or rather graphic novels. I myself have never been a big comic guy, but I do have a generally understanding of them, and I used to buy Spider-Man as a kid here and there. Now what do we have here? We have the grandaddy of all comics. The comic that set the tone of seriousness for all these new comics coming out. A comic that influenced Frank Miller. A comic that made Time Magazines list of 100 Greatest Novels from 1923 to Present! Wow. Thats impressive. So impressive that I just ordered this summa bitch and am dying to jump into it. It is called "The Watchmen". The story follows a group of unknown superheros set in the 80's. They are also filming a movie adaptation as we speak. I feel the movie won't set the box office on fire, but it can be the first superhero movie that is considered a great film....not a great superhero movie. You know what I'm saying here. Its still very hard to take superhero movies serious. The new Batman might change that with Heath Ledgers performance...but if not that I think this will. Im excited to start reading this and will post a review here when I am done.

No comments: