Friday, July 02, 2010

The Blueprint





What has happened to me? Has my love for the Knicks really come to an end? Everyday I find myself rooting more and more for the Brooklyn Nets. That Russian owner has a crazy swag, he rolls around with Jay-Z, and the coach is the bad-ass Avery Johnson... what's not to like? Now I just heard that the Knicks management flew to the meeting in a G4 jet thinking they were Joe Cool. Too bad that the Nets arrived in a fucking G5 Jet. Jay-Z also put up a huge Nets billboard that read "Blueprint for Success" with him and the Russian gazillionaire near the Knicks offices. HA HA HA HA! And what did the Knicks do to counteract? They complained to the league. Which team is from New York here? It sure seems like the Nets have captured that New York attitude.

The whole time Lebron was meeting with the Knicks he was probably texting Jay-Z. As soon as Dolan and D'Antoni walked out of the meeting, Lebron and his boys probably burst out laughing. "Yeah... I'm really going to sign with them fuckers. The one is a cripple". Also after the meeting with the Nets, Jay hung around for an extra meeting when everyone left.

The Nets bringing in Jay-Z as owner was one of the most genius moves of all time. If you ask half of these NBA players who they idolize and look up to, I bet the answer would be Jay. Watch in 2 Years.. The Nets are going to be the basketball team in this city. The Knicks are still not be taking serious due to the whole Isiah Thomas era. I will be buying my Brooklyn Nets Lebron James jersey.

However.... what would really be the most ideal situation for me would be to wait a year and for the Knicks to bring in Carmello Anthony and Chris Paul... and somehow if we can get Artest, who represents New York better then anyone else. The Knicks shouldn't have Lebron James... they should have the bruisers and the outcasts and wind up beating Lebron in the playoffs. Basically lets re-create 1994 and cast Lebron as Jordan.



No comments: