Friday, August 15, 2008

8.15.08




Something funny I just noticed.... The cable company screwed up or something, so they offered me a month free of Starz! Now this channel is pretty bad ass with a lot of new good movies. However, I find myself not watching it.... or better yet, not allowing myself to watch it. I don't want to be spoiled by it and enjoy it, and then have it taken from me in a months time. Thanks but no thanks Time Warner Cable. This is probably the same reason I have never had a pet besides for a hermit crab.

I feel I definetly get this mentality from my grandpa. He is old school to the core....a self made man by way of his hands. I was working construction for him last summer. I'm working like a dog out in one thousand degree weather, sweating like a Patrick Ewing Game 7 of the Finals. So he comes to pick me up in his car to go to lunch during my break. I get in the car expecting some nice cold air condition, and lo and behold, its actually hotter then outside. I go to turn on the AC and he stops me. "What the hell?" He then explains to me that if i get too comfortable now, it will make me want to work less, and it will make the work that much harder. I didn't question this at all, and totally got it. I implement this in my life now a days. My gramps always used to say to me too, "You hand out with a cripple, you'll start to limp." Thats why I never hang out with cripples.

No comments: