Thursday, November 26, 2009

Giving Thanks





We all know Thanksgiving is the holiday of rape. The rape of the Native Americans of their land, women, and food. But its also about giving thanks. It is a time to reflect on what we are thankful for. What am I thankful for?

I'm thankful for uniqueness and bizarreness. I love the fact I know real life characters whose antics could not be written by the greatest novelist. Whose actions defy and logic or sensibility. I'm thankful for torrent websites. Website that have allowed me to have 6,000 songs on my laptop. I'm thankful for DVR and Netflix. I'm thankful for the 5-5-5 Deal at Dominoes. I'm thankful for Peyton Manning commercials. I'm thankful for that image I found up above... that was in the Google Image Search when I typed in "Thanksgiving Rape". I'm thankful for still having never seen the new Indian Jones. I'm thankful for the people who are still alive that should have been long dead due to their reckless lifestyles. I'm thankful for things that ruin sobriety and expand the mind. I'm not thankful for sobriety or the New York Mets. I'm thankful for side boob. I'm thankful for the music Jacko left us. I'm thankful that I will be able to say I witnessed the end of the world in 2012.

No comments: