Sunday, November 29, 2009

J-E-T-S!

Jets QB Mark Sanchez




Welcome to the Thunderdome! Just got back from the Jets game a.k.a land of the ugly and bizarre. I haven't seen a group of misfits like this since my last Mets game. I see now why most Met fans are also Jet fans. Lets get to some of the fun stuff...

There were two guys sitting in front of us that I swear had to have been homeless. They were also the greatest comedic pair since Laurel and Hardy and reminded me a lot of the two main characters from "Of Mice and Men". One would ask dumb questions and had a childlike innocence while the other would grow increasingly angry and curse him. At first I could not stand the sight of them... they wore rags, looked like they had not showered in weeks, had rotten black teeth, and ate stinky tuna fish sandwiches getting tuna all over the clothes and faces. I was literally disgusted by them. The dumber one would ask increasingly dumb questions and statements about the game while holding a transistor radio from the 80's to his ear.

"Thats a 50 field Field Goal right there!"

"The home team wears white?" (Midway thru the game)

"I think Mark Sanchez broke his kneecap... but he will be alright."

"Is this what it looks like on your T.V.?"

At one point he got very excite and rose to his feet and turned around to us. It was at this time he lead the worst chant in the history of sport.

"J-E-T-S!"

He yelled and just as the crowd was about to respond with a big "Jets!" Which is the norm... he yelled.

"What does that spell?!"

And the crowd went dead silent. I said to my friends this was not a chant but rather a serious question. The worst part of this all is while he yelled massive amounts of tuna came flying out of his mouth and onto my being. While he was standing his friend was yelling "Sit down you jackass!" As soon as he sat down the Jets fumbled the ball. His friend responded...

"You jinxey mother fucker! You jinxed them!"

Observing them further I began to respect their friendship and the wide eyed innocence of the dumber one. His friend revealed it was his first game and you could tell he was as excited as someone could be. I also started to get the feeling he might have been mildly retarded. Overall they were cool guys and I'm glad they got to see a win.

No comments: