Thursday, February 08, 2007

2.09.07

Fear and Loathing in Maspeth.......
well another day of facing off against the beast called strep throat. I have nothing but meds that cause drowsiness and i havent been able to sleep any night, then i take benadryll so i have been moving about like a zombie in a dreamworld. I got to school today and found my friend in the parking lot and then semi smashed my car up parking. I was acting erratic and told him I had class at 3:30. He said that no classes started at that time and i called blasphemy, I walked in and sat down at 3:35. The class was watching a movie and I totally interrupted and sat and looked at everybody staring at me. Ten minutes later class is dissmised. Wow! That was the quickest class ever! The teacher calls me to her desk, "why were u say late?" I stand bewildered...a million thoughts racing thru my head, my face hangs there with my eyes glazed over, my mouth semi open about to let out drool. I look like I might collapse onto her desk at any minute. "Strep Throat..." She then asks if i have my homework..."Strep Throat". She says its ok and lets me go home.

Now this is my favorite part. I get in and my dad tells me my grandpa called and has found out I'm sick. He says it in such a way like, "Your grandpa has found out your doing coke." I call him back and he explodes on me. "Your sick! You got no job, and now your sick, your always sick! Your a stubborn bastard, you wear no winter coat and no hat on your melon with your hair all wet! You stay out all night and dont get enough sleep and now your sick! Your lifestyle is shit!" He the hangs up the phone in disgust. I couldnt help but laugh. When I get sick, its like I brought this upon myself. I swear that is just about the exact phone conversation word for word. I might have said 2 words the entire time. People get sick and get symathy calls, but no..I get hate calls calling me a good for nothing loser.

Now the best part of being sick...and this is me taking advantage and being a dick. I know I have trouble going to sleep so I ask my dad for one of his prescription sleeping pills. He gives it to me and I take that, the Bennadryll, and another herbal sleeping pill all the same time. You get very drowsy but I dont go to sleep. Instead I get one of the best highs ever. I feel like I dont have a worry in the world and I just "float" thru the internet. I also do a lot of writing in this state, as I am right now. My thoughts aren't always that logical tho...and this will lead into another story.....

I was on the same combo of drugs and i was laying down thinking, about life and movies and whatever when IT HIT ME! It was this idea for a Romantic Comedy called "Prince Charmingless". I dont remeber the details but it was really bad. I was so convinced howere at 3:40 on a Tuesday Night that I immediatly texted some of my friends. The text was really crazy and some guys have it memorized. The next day I had no recollection of this until I saw the text. See, this is what happens. I can easily see how someone could become addicted to sleeping pills, but I just like to do it once in a blue only when Im sick.

No comments: