Wednesday, July 02, 2008

DMX - Where Da hood At?!


Great Moments in Songwriting...

If you did not know... DMX absolutely hates gay people. If you don't believe me just listen to the lyrics of his hit "Where Da Hood At?!". It might be one of the most homophobic songs in the history of a music and is definitely a great moment in songwriting.

Man, cats don't know what it's gonna be
Fuckin with a nigga like me, D-to-the-M-to-the-X
Last I heard, y'all niggaz was havin sex, with the SAME sex
I show no love, to homo thugs
Empty out, reloaded and throw more slugs
How you gonna explain fuckin a man?
Even if we squashed the beef, I ain't touchin ya hand
I don't buck with chumps, for those to been to jail
That's the cat with the Kool-Aid on his lips and pumps
I don't fuck with niggaz that think they broads
Only know how to be ONE WAY, that's the dog
I know how to get down, know how to BITE
Bark very little, but I know HOW TO FIGHT
I know how to chase a cat up in the tree
MAN, I GIVE Y'ALL NIGGAZ THE B'INESS FOR FUCKIN WIT ME, IS YOU CRAZY?!?

Well lets break down these lyrics shall we. Apparently someone approached DMX and told him the concept of a gay male...a man having sex with the same sex. DMX was outraged by this and asks the question to all of society, "How you gonna explain fuckin a man?" DMX is so disgusted he wouldn't even shake the hand of gay man if they were friends. DMX then recalls his time in jail and remembers that he has previously encountered homosexuals, but he still doesn't like them.

Towards the end of the song however, DMX kind of changes his tune....

I get tapes doin times, stop niggaz like grapes makin wine
Five CD's with mad rhymes
Don't hit me with that positive shit, I know you lyin
You really wanna stop niggaz from dyin? Stop niggaz from tryin
I cuz I ain't really got that time to waste
and I thought I told you to get these fuckin bums out my face
Lookin atchu in your grill, I might be nice to cut
Once I split ya ass in two, you'll be twice as butt
Yeah, you right, I know ya style - PUSSY cuz I'm fuckin it
Since we all right here, you hold my dick while he suckin it
MOTHERFUCKER, don't you know you'll never come near me
Shove ya head up ya ass, have you seein shit clearly
Never heard that D be runnin, cuz D be gunnin
I beat my dick and bust off in ya eye so you can see me comin/cumin
Empty clips and shells are what I leave behind
and if they get me with the joint, they hit me with a three-to-nine

Once I split ya ass in two, you'll be twice as butt?! What the hell! "Since we all right here, you hold my dick while he suckin it." WHAT! He sucking it?! Having a guy suck your dick is pretty gay to me any way you cut it. I thought DMX was against same sex intercourse. I guess he doesn't consider oral sex as intercourse. He then says he will masterbate into another mans eye. Wow....

No comments: