Tuesday, June 23, 2009

6.24.09

Wendy's New Boneless Wings



Time for some Random Ramblins....

- How amazing is that new banner on top? I was heavily intoxicated one night and messing around with some program. I don't remember too much else but there it was the next morning. That font is a custom font called "Boycott" and I'm thinking of using it for the title font of my film.

- I'm going to start watching every season of "The Soprano's"... its about that time once again. This is one show that really improves on every continued viewing. When you watched it live you were too concerned with plot progression and who was getting whacked to notice some of the finer details.

- John Carpenter is an AMAZING director. People might not give me the credit he deserves because he dwelled mainly in the "horror/thriller" genre and some of his stuff was campy, but damn if his stuff was not entertaining. "The Thing" and "They Live" are two of my favorite films, and i just recently realized the genius of "Halloween". That film set the format/template for all horror films... even these pieces of crap that are breaking the box office today.

- The new "Ghostbusters" game exceeded all my expectations. It is much better then I expected.

- Transformers 2 just came out.... Yawn.  Actually I take that back... the first one is a pretty good blockbuster... it is not however a film that needed a sequel.  I am really amped for "Public Enemies" and I should of went and seen "Up" and "Star Trek" in the theatres... I regret that. However, for me... the best possible viewing is on my laptop, with it on my chest close to my face, and my headphones on. That is how I really digest a film and notice every intricate detail and sound. I'm not too big on audience interaction with laughs and what not and wouldn't mind a headphone option at the theatre... maybe my hearing just sucks.

- What?! Wendy's now has boneless buffalo wings and chicken teryiaki! I get way too excited for new additions to fast food menus. Wendys added that buffalo chicken sandwich (the one dipped in hot sauce) which I loved as much as my crack, and then it was gone within a week. Here is a review of these new "wings"...

The “Bold Buffalo Boneless Chicken Wings” are the worst-tasting thing I have ever eaten at any fast food restaurant in my lifetime. The overbearing, vinegary pepper sauce was otherwise thin and too sugary. It destroyed the taste of the chicken in a way that the capsicum alone could never do. It nearly made me ill. The sauce was so utterly horrid that for hours I wondered, seriously, if it contained nothing other than vinegar, extract of Charleston hot pepper and corn syrup. It was Tabasco Sauce and Karo Syrup, but with more vinegar. Yeccchhh!

Hmmm... sounds good. How can it not be when a review ends with "Yecccchhh". Heres the thing tho... for 7 pieces of these "wings" they charge 4 bucks. For 1 buck I can get 5 nuggets. Hmmmm. I rather buy 20 nuggets and smother them in good hot sauce. I outsmarted you Dave Thomas.. you cunt bastard! Rest in Hell!  Speaking of new fast foods items, i wonder how that KFC grilled chicken is. I see that being advertised the fuck out of. I don't know one person who has tried it, same goes for the pizza hut pasta. I am however am tempted by the Dominos pasta bowl.  If I went to a fancy Italian restuarant and after eating the pasta some motherfucker popped out and told me it was from Pizza Hut, I would sue their ass. How can they really do that without the "patrons" signing a consent form beforehand. What if someone was allergic to Pizza Hut and happened to die? All this fast food talk reminds me of the McDonalds Arch Deluxe. I will never forget because I was a kid and it was marketed as being for grown ups only. How could a food item be for grown ups only? Was it drenched in booze? That was gone in a second too. I can't really think of a newer item added to a fast food menu that has succeeded. BTW: Here is a real review of the Dominos bread bowl from someone named Nathan on some site...

"I got the chicken alfredo bread bowl from dominos and it is delicious and great. My friends had a bug in it but she loved it until that was found. No bug in mine so yummy."


No comments: