Monday, June 08, 2009

Summer Scam



I was at Summer Jam 2009 last night and saw firsthand how sad current rap has become. These new performers just don't have the energy of older acts. I love 90's rap, which is why I went bonkers when Method Man and Redman, Busta Rhymes, and Jay-Z came out. Besides for them I would have rather stayed partying in the parking lot then seeing Jim Jones, Elephant Man, Mary J. Blige, and someone named OJ Da Juiceman (I got excited when I heard his name thinking OJ Simpson was going to come out, but alas it wasn't him). Jay-Z is pretty awesome live, but I still feel Kanye West is a better performer. Method, Red, and Busta just bring an energy that is off the charts, jumping into the stands and destroying cameras and shit. These new rappers try too hard to look cool, and dont just go and wild the fuck out. Im still disappointed that 2Pac was not the surprise guest making his return to life.

I have yet to watch a game of the NBA Finals and it looks like I'm going to keep it that way. I still feel the Magic are not that good and snuck their way into the finals, and it looks like now they are being exposed. Every sport right now is so lopsided with one confrence/division being so much better then the other... the west in basketball, the AL, and the AFC. This lopsidedness is creating some piss poor championship series. (I should take the NFL out of the equation since it is a crap shoot and the past 2 Super Bowls have been good) Overall I must say that the NBA playoffs have been good, with a great anti-climatic Rockets/Lakers series and the Celtics and Bulls destroying each other. I still think that if the Celtics had Garnett in the playoffs they would have won it all again.

No comments: