Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bizarre Dream


I had a BIZARRE dream just now. I fell asleep while watching "Apocalypse Now Redux" and dreamt up an ending which I thought was real. Ive never seen the film in its entirety before, and heard about it having multiple endings. It played while I dozed off and my dream was that I woke up long enough to catch the ending. The ending was so bizarre that when I woke up I looked up "Apocalypse Now Ending" on google. I saw no mention of the ending I saw and went and re-watched it and was shocked when it ended on the stone idol face.

In my dream Martin Sheen kills Brando just like the real movie. You then hear him doing a narration over a black screen. In the narration he is talking about how he feels sympathetic towards Brando's character, and as he has gotten older he has learned to appreciate his thoughts and has even begun to think like him. We then cut to see an older Martin Sheen sitting at a desk holding a stack of papers staring at a camera. Behind him is the presidential seal of the united states and we see that the narration is actually a speech he is preparing. He goes over some lines while scribbling some stuff down. A producer then counts him down and the red light on the camera goes on and he begins his speech with the opening lines of narration from the film.

Pretty weird right? I swear to you I really woke up thinking this was the ending of the film. The dream was so vivid and seemed so real. Trying to make sense of it now, I must have seen Martin Sheen playing the president on that television show (West Wing I believe?) a while back. In my dream state I must have conjured up that image of him and added it to the ending of the film, which i felt I woke up to catch the end of.

No comments: