Saturday, January 02, 2010

The O.D.B Story





When my grandpa recounts a story it is always in bits and pieces. It is usually one line of information and in order to piece together a sensible story you have to basically interrogate him. This New Years I went to a club and saw Wale do a couple of songs. I was telling my grandpa about this rapper and it reminded him of his encounter with the Ol' Dirty Bastard.

GRANDPA :"What was the name of that rapper I sold to the car to?"
FRIEND: "Ol Dirty Bastard"
GRANDPA: "Yeah, what a sick fuck he was!"
ME: "WHAT?!?!"

I have never seen my grandpa talk so vehemently about someone being insane.. The fact is he is not exactly the picture of sanity himself. So here is the story as best as I could piece it together...

O.D.B comes to my grandpas car dealer ship about 10 years ago. My grandfather has ordered him a brand new Infiniti truck with very expensive tires on it. O.D.B takes one look at it and the first thing he says is, "Take those tires off I wanna nigga-rig it." Those are his exact words.

He then proceeds to pay with a large garbage bag. In that bag is an assortment and 10, 20, and 100 dollar bills.

While my grandpa is in the trailer doing the paperwork for the deal he hears a gunshot go off. He comes out to find that the tail light of another car has been shot out. He asks what the heel happened and apparently O.D.B was playing around with his gun and it went off. I asked if my grandpa made him pay and he said, "No... but we fucked him over with the deal".

And that is the story of when my grandfather met the Ol' Dirty One.

No comments: