Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mind Fucking

Dear Diary,

Today I watched Synecdoche, New York by Charlie Kaufman in directorial debut and destroyed my mind. After watching the also awesomely amazing "Doubt", I truly consider Phillip Seymour Hoffman one of the best actors of our time. Anyway back to Synecdoche... it might be the most bizarre movie I have ever seen. It makes David Lynch movies seem to predictable. In the movie the lead is losing his mind and along the way the viewer has no idea how much time has passed or what is real and what's not. This movie honestly made me pause it midway thru and just check my mind and digest everything. The film literally almost pushed me into a delirium. Watching it is similar to taking a hallucinogenic drug. BTW Roger Ebert named this the best film of the decade.

Sincerely Yours,
Jesse Botz

No comments: