Tuesday, November 06, 2007

11.06.07



Who even knows what fucking day it is anymore...I've been living in a state of confusion and it can all be attributed to Daylight Savings Time. I HATE it...more then anything else. It takes me about 2 weeks to get used to it. What has happened now is that some of the clocks in my house have automatically changed while others remain the old time. I don't know what time it is, what day it is, or where the fuck them I am. I'm confused and quite frankly... a little scared. Enough about my problems...some REVIEWS! Yeah! He-ya. I know you like that...cum and get it...
I just saw American Gangster. Heres a secret...I didn't see it in the theatre. Heres another secret...it was DVD quality. That is all I can say from fear of Johnny Law. This is a GREAT movie. One of the better films I've seen in a while...However it is not perfect. The movie runs about 2 and a half hours. I feel its a little long and starts to fade out in the 2nd act. This movie should really be about a half hour shorter. And the ending feels WAY too Hollywood...but then again, its based on a true story...so maybe thats what really happened. This film is basically the black Scarface. I would give it 3 out of 4 stars. The Departed is still the movie to see of recent times.
I've also listened to the Jay-Z album..."American Gangster". It's different from usual Jay as it has a very unique sound. It sounds old school and actually fits the movie quite well, although not ONE jay-z song appears in the movie at all. The album has a few AMAZING tracks, but then again it has a few duds, preventing it from being great. It is not Jay's best album but not his worst. It sort of sits in the middle. It is definetly worth listening too, for the most part Jay stays in "character" but a few are typical rap "formula" songs and they bring the album down. Kanye West Graduation is still the album to beat of recent times.

No comments: