Tuesday, April 06, 2010

The Sickest Joke




(Note: I came up with the title while writing this and really liked it. Wouldn't you want to see a movie named "The Sickest Joke"? It sounds like the name of a Goosebumps book. On the cover is a kid laying in a hospital bed on life support and outside his door is a young boy and girl giggling. R.L Stein if your reading...)

Something really weird on the Netlix Instant Que...
I added the Marlon Brando film, "A Streetcar Named Desire". I figured since "On The Waterfront" is one of my faves, I should really finally see this classic. So I fired up the popcorn, fired up the pot, took a seat on the couch and got ready to enjoy.

It begins in crisp color. Hmmm.. Now where in Northern Afghanistan with a archeologist digging threw some dirt. He finds a bizarre demon relic. This is pretty odd. Not what I expected from "...Desire". They are talking about evil now... this reminds me a lot of "The Exorcist". I stop it to make sure I didn't select the wrong film.... It claims to be "A Streetcar Named Desire". The description reads; "Girl meets Brando in New Orleans". So I replay it. Same professor now being assaulted by terrorists. Now I'm thinking, "Fuck I'm high." Finally after about the first ten minutes I realize this is definitely "The Exorcist". What kind of sick fucking joke is this Netflix?! I can picture dumbasses (spellcheck suggest I replace this with embassies) telling they're friends, "Dude you got to see "A Streetcar named Desire", its scary as shit!" Go on your Netflix and check it out if they have not already fixed it.

BTW: Did the makers of the Ouija board luck out by "Exorcist" or what? The girl plays an officially licensed version of this before getting possessed. How many people you think went out and bought this after the movie looking to get possessed by a demon? As a kid, I figured this "Ouija Board" that lets you talk to the devil must surely be illegal... probably sold on the Black Markets of Singapore where the mere whisper of its name gets you caned. So when I finally saw it in Toys 'R Us, I was never more disappointed in my life. Thats when I realized the Devil is corporate, and Toys 'R Us was playing the sickest joke on us all.



No comments: