Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Minus the Bear- Omni





"Minus The Bear" just released their new album entitled "Omni". This album is certainly not for everyone, and even some past fans of Minus will hate it. Here is what one scathing review had to say,

"Omni does in fact have the pop and sheen that would make the most anonymous of 1980s corporate rockers proud. But for the most part, the combination of drop-D riffs and antiseptic production conjures a grunge band covering the Police."

What?! I have personally never heard a better review. I absolutely love 80's rock, grunge band's, and the Police. That's basically saying this album throws three of my favorite things into a pot and mixes them up. Where do I sign up? I personally think this album is genius and sexy as hell. I can honestly not stop listening to it and have had many of these songs stuck in my head. It is catchy as hell with enough integrity to not make you embarrassed to listen to it. First you must realize that this album is light funk - pop - sex. I honestly love every track on this record and plan on bumping it for the whole summer. Definitely check it out before buying... some will straight up hate it. This album is honestly one of the sexiest I have ever heard.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would like to exchange links with your site jbotz.blogspot.com
Is this possible?