Wednesday, March 14, 2007

MJ A RACIST?!


MJ A RACIST?!

This is a funny story....lets take it back to my high school days. My Global History teacher was a black women by the name of Ms.Grey. Now this women was black and proud! Every month was black history month to her. I don't give a damn about learning about black history, but honestly, every single lesson we learned about was about some black activist. It really became a little much, and it became apparent to me that she wasn't too fond of my white skin. You have to understand...she really was out of control. I know its a touchy subject but I had both white and black kids telling me she was taking this whole Black Pride thing too far. Basically, my grades pretty much sucked and I was somewhat of a class clown..so she would pick on me. Me and her didn't exactly have the best relationship when a our first big project came up. It was me, my friend John and two girls in a group. John was a screw up too. Me, being the lazy asshole I am, decided I was going to do absolutely nothing and my friend John would write the part I would present for me. The girls were on their own. We had to do this project on like famous black figures and present it before the class. So anyway, the day of the project comes about and I see the one girl in our group dressed up as Jackie Robinson talking before the class. I go up to my friend John and he hands me some index cards. I don't bother to read it, and say..."Lets Do it."

So I go up before the class and start reading off the index cards. I don't really remember what it was about, something about the Negro Leagues I think...but I do remember this one part..."Black people are naturally fast runners because they used to have to run through the jungles of Africa. They also did a lot of running as slaves." I said this and the teacher could give me a look that could kill. I felt like Kramer standing before the class. I couldn't believe my friend wrote this for me to say. I knew I should've wore my black face and sung Mr.Bojangles for this project! I wound up getting a -55 on this project. Thats no joke! Not even fucking positive numbers! NEGATIVE FIFTY FIVE! The moral of the story is this...Racism does not pay!

No comments: