Sunday, July 29, 2007

Making a Film pt.1

Making a Film part 1
Ok...heres the deal..I have just begun the serious "pre-production" on my film, "Found". This is what I love doing in life and this is honestly my dream. But let me tell you now, making a film is a lot of hard work. If you seriously want to make a film, you must realize you are going to have to invest a lot of time and money. Also, be prepared to be on people's balls all the time and be prepared for some arguments. Now my role exactly is Writer/Director/Producer. I have another director and producer on my team, but I am the one who wrote the script. My script had to be subjected to criticism and I'm already on my fourth draft. As for money, I already dropped 3 thousand on a camera and I still got to chip in on lighting and sound. Right now where in "pre-production", meaning we are doing a shot list and storyboard, then its location scouting and casting, hopefully begin actual shooting in late August-early September. You have to write out every single shot in a film. Think for a sec how many shots are in a film. We are only doing a 12 minute short and it is already a major pain in the ass. I will update this blog more as we progress...

No comments: