Wednesday, April 23, 2008

4.22.08


I just got back from the "Tim and Eric Awesome Tour 2008". if you are unfamiliar with the "Tim and Eric" show on Adult Swim, you should probably stop reading this, as it will bore you to tears. So how was it?  I thought it was very good and worth the 20 bucks....BUT....you knew I had to throw that in there, there has to be 2 sides to every coin. The show featured a lot of video clips from the upcoming season 3. While they were funny, I didn't come to the city to watch television. There were about 4 live performances, I think 3 were songs and one was a karate demonstration. These were good but there wasn't enough live stuff...I guess mainly because of the elaborate costumes. Another disappointment was the lack of guests. Some of the funnies stuff on the show is done by the other "actors". Now I wasn't expecting John C. Reily, but the other unknowns could've appeared, what better thing did they have to do? Cash in welfare checks? However, everyone appeared via television screen. Bottom line is this....I recommend going to see it, just don't pay a crazy amount, no more then 30 bucks I say. And make sure to drink or smoke some pot before you go....it should actually advise that on the ticket.

And speaking of them....I was talking to my friend about where they can go from the show. The show runs 11 minutes, and shouldn't be any longer. Could they make the jump to movies? i always said no. However, thinking about it now..."Beaver Boys" could possibly be turned into a feature, just as long as it is not too similar to "Night at the Roxbury".

No comments: