Tuesday, April 15, 2008

TV



What are the greatest shows to ever grace a television set? Hmmm... great question myself. For my money, here are my picks.

The Twilight Zone - simply genius and way ahead of its time. Great twists and pretty good effects for the time period.

The Sopranos - Greatest written show on television. This show was a 101 course on character development. I can't recall anything with such such fleshed out and deep characters. Simply amazing, my favorite ever.

Seinfeld - Who honestly does not like this show? Greatest sitcom comedy, no question about it.

Quantum Leap - A throwback and a show I love. I like that its episodic and the main character has such strong morals...its a family show but not so cookie cutter that it makes you vomit.

X-Files - The best sci-fi show on the air. I also like that the majority of it is episodic.

South Park - Yeah it got big and then kind of lost steam and got lame, but this is the funniest adult cartoon on the air. I'm sorry Simpsons and Family Guy, but you ain't got shit on South Park.

Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Genius. Watch this next season...I'm predicting that this show is about to BLOW up huge.

Chapelles Show - Classic. A shame it ended so soon. I credit this show for opening peoples eyes to true comedy and basically killing off SNL.

Inside the NFL - A real shame that this got canceled. No show had such great chemistry between the hosts as this.

Entourage - It might have lost steam recently, but the first season was amazing.

Johnny Bravo - I fucking love this cartoon.

Pop Up Video - I swear to God, I could watch this for days on ends.

Salute Your Shorts - When I was a kid this was my shit. Wow. Donkey Lips. What a great show, kids don't have it like this anymore, now all they have is Hannah Montana.

No comments: