Sunday, April 06, 2008

MJ at the Theatre...


I'm not a big Broadway guy....I've only seen "Movin' Out" until today. I just saw Mel Brooks "Young Frankenstein". I must say, I was surprised by the thousands upon thousands of sexual innuendos. Every other joke was something about penis size or humping all night. Hell, at one point an actor even dropped the F-Bomb. This play is rated "R" for raunchy.  Overall, I thought it was really good, besides for the dumb fact that they broke into song every couple of minutes. It kind of made it hard to follow the story. And that is probably where the plays biggest flaw lies. The pyrotechnics and stage design were amazing....its just that the songs were not too memorable or catchy.

Which got me to thinking. That "South Park" movie that came out had some of the best songs I've heard. From "Blame Canada" to "Uncle Fucker". Someone really needs to turn that into a play, or have Matt Parker and Trey Stone write a new one. Ahh fuck...those Law and Order idiots are coming tomorrow morning to film.

No comments: