Sunday, December 28, 2008

12.28.08

I was just doing some research... I'm always researching on the internet... I swear to God, I think I have learned more from the internet then school. And speaking of God that's what I happen to be researching. I have recently become obsessed with the Bible and the stories. I take that back... I'm mainly only researching stories from the Old Testament. People don't realize how crazy the OT truly is... The New Testament is boring and all love dovey crap, the OT reads like Greek mythology and God has a higher body count then John Rambo. There was even this religious sect that believed that the "God" in the old testament was actually Satan impersonating him. God is turning motherfuckers to stone, drowning mad heads, you name it. Its shocking that his son Jesus was such a wuss. Jesus being God's son is like Ray Lewis having Perez Hilton as his son. But I was getting info on the story of Cain and Able, you know the one... Cain and Able were brothers and Cain got jealous of Able and killed him. As a punishment God forced him to wander the earth forver. So I saw this little blurb about it and thought it would make an amazing film....


"Though variations on these traditions were strong in medieval times, with several claims of sightings being reported, they have generally gone out of favour. Nevertheless, the Wandering Cain theme has appeared in Mormon folklore (but not scripture)—a second-hand account relates that an early Mormon leader, David W. Patten, encountered a very tall, hairy, dark-skinned man in Tennessee who said that he was Cain. The account states that Cain had earnestly sought death but was denied it, and that his mission was to destroy the souls of men.[46][47] The recollection of Patten's story is quoted in Spencer W. Kimball's The Miracle of Forgiveness, a popular book within The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints."

Isn't that an awesome idea for a film? Cain still wanders the earth and only wants to die, but knows he can't, so he destroys others people lives. I and I even like the idea of setting it in Tennessee, in a very small rural town. The only negative about it is when I'm imaging this film I keep envisioning "No Country For Old Men". I still this can make a great serious Drama or be dumbed down for a Horror/Thriller. I just feel there is money behind this idea. No one take it, I still mite use it one day.

No comments: