Monday, December 01, 2008

12.2.08



I am still and always will be a Plaxico Burress fan. I don't know why but I never got a bad vibe from him. He just seems like a good guy to me,  a very confused guy, but good none the less. And this is not just because I'm a Giants fan. Plax just doesn't seem malicious to me... unlike Pacman Jones. Pacman just comes off as a dick and a troublemaker. Plax seems like someone who came from a very hard upbringing and  and was never able to really escape that mentality. From all the accounts I read of him, and I know a girl who hung out with him a couple of times, he is suppose to be a really nice guy. I t
hink the problem with him is that he truly doesn't love the sport of football. Its his living but he doesn't seem to put it first. I still find it funny he caught flack for putting his children before practice. And the fact is that he doesn't show up to practice and what not, because it seems he simply does not care that much.

I think it sucks that he is going to be made example of by Bloomberg. The fact of the matter is he is going to spend 2 years in jail at the very least. I hope Plax is able to get everything together, and if it means stepping away from football so be it. I know a lot of sports analysts are saying the giants should clean their hands of him, but I strongly disagree. You don't throw someone to the dogs when they hit bottom, and if a team is indeed a family, you take care of your family member. Yeah its a living, but its a GAME.... sometimes things have to come before winning.





One other thing.... I just listened to Bizzy Bone "The Gift". This was the second album from the Bone Thugs N Harmony member and in my list of my top 10 favorite albums of all time. I have listened to this album A LOT. Its weird, cause whenever I listen to it I think of 9/11. I bought this album on like the 9 of September and was actually listening to it on the bus home from school on 9/11. I was pumping these tunes and looking out the window at the smoke filled skies and the bumper to bumper traffic. There was so much traffic i wound up listening to it like 3 times straight. The album has a very odd and unique sound. I have never heard anything like it, and it doesn't feel right to categorize it as rap. Damn... I'm listening to this album right now and words can't explain how much I love this album. It puts me in a mood like hardly any other album.... the music has become somewhat haunting, and the sounds help. This album wasn't mainstream at all, doesn't feature guest spots, and has very deep lyrics. I really wish this album wouldve got the praise it deserved, as it is definetly in my top 5 favorite rap albums of all time.

No comments: