Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Rocky 4



As I type this I'm watching Rocky 4. As a kid, Rocky 4 was probably my favorite in the series. (as I got older it became very obvious Rocky 1 is the best) Now I realize why I loved it so much. It is without a doubt the most testosterone bad ass manly oozing machismo film of all time. Watching this movie is like shoving a steroided needle up your ass. There is hardly NO story... fuck, there is hardly NO dialogue. Watching this film is like getting fucked in the ass by a Bald Eagle while draped in an American flag. Most Rocky films have 1 short montage, this movie is ALL montages.. I think 4 or so... 2 amazing training montages with Rocky running up a mountain screaming "DRAGO", and the awesome late night drive where rock reflects on his demons to a 80's ballad. Watching this movie will put hair on your chest. If you can watch this film and not want to go lift some weights or go running immediately after you should go and turn your balls in. I also love the fact that it spits in the face of technology... Drago uses all the high tech equipment... and GASP steroids... while Rocky is lifting fucking rocks and logs and pulling Paulie on a fucking sleigh... and he still wins! God damn this movie kicked my ass.

No comments: