Tuesday, August 25, 2009

NES Classics - Monster Party





This is a real nightmare machine right here. In the video above you can see the first level. It starts off real nice and cute and them -BAM! as soon as you hit mid way the shit literally hits the fan. Those smiling faces are now oozing blood, corpses have rotted and legs with no fucking bodies are dancing from out of the floor. Playing this shit as a kid this freaked the hell out of me. Listen to that music thats begins playing... it sounds like something Freddy Kreuger would have in his iPod. 

The game basically consisted of the little kid with a bat (who is kidnapped by a demon to fight monsters because he owns a baseball bat) walking into rooms to fight random bosses. These bosses could be anything from giant fish, onion rings, dancing zombies (who are only defeated by watching their full dance), to the guy you see above saying, "Sorry, I'm dead."

"Sorry, I'm dead." That is the GREATEST excuse I have ever heard in my life. When my teacher would call on me to do a match problem I would keep my head down on my desk and reply, "Sorry, I'm Dead". When I die on my tombstone it is going to read, "Sorry, I'm dead." I am very serious about that too... if something happens to me and you have read this PLEASE make that happen for me. What a polite boss that is. He could just say, "I'm Dead." but he even apologizes for in fact being dead. "I really wish we could have had this boss fight... but I died."


"Sorry, I'm Dead."

No comments: