Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Soccer is Un-American




I was watching the World Cup today and I realized that soccer is B-O-R-I-N-G. I have no interest in the actual sport, what attracts me is the fan fare and the emotion and passion of the fans. The fact that its once every four years makes it seem like must see TV. Will I ever watch soccer that is not World Cup? Hell to the No. Will I watch the World Cup when the U.S. gets eliminated? Probably not. Watching soccer is like watching paint dry. I love that saying... who the fuck watches paint dry? Why? Is it someones job? "I just painted this, make sure it dries and then come and get me." "Man this is fucking boring... not as bad as watching soccer tho."

Watch a game... no one in the stands pays attention. Everyone is drunk off their asses, blowing those horns, singing songs, and fighting. It's only when a goal is scored that the hooligans wake up. I don't know how foreigners can say baseball is boring and soccer is not.


No comments: