Saturday, December 01, 2007

12.02.07

SHARK ATTACK!

December is shark month here at Random Ramblins. I fucking love sharks! I am obsessed with sharks a leopards. I don't know why, but in my past life I must have been a hybrid creature of the both....Actually I was probably just a Leopard Shark...yeah I think thats it...I was a leopard shark in my past life.



Sharks get a pretty bad rep...they really aren't as crazy as they are made out to be. They just don't like to be fucked with...they only really terrible thing sharks have ever done was invent the "n-word". Theres a little info for you.

These majestic creatures usually live about 20 to 30 years, and come in many different species...one of the easiest ways to tell a species is by the tail...heres a chart.




I personally am a big fan of the Hammerhead Shark...the Great White gets all the publicity cause of his little movie. Heres another weird fact...sharks do mate...but scientists also believe that sharks are also asexual. That is crazy! A hammerhead that had not had contact with a male in 3 months gave birth...they say it was a last ditch effort by the species and it asexually reproduced. Imagine if humans could wind up doing that too?

Sharks also technically never sleep. Scientists are still unsure about this...some say sharks lay at the bottom with their eyes open and still very observant. Other say that half of their brains shut down as the other does all the work and they are half conscious.

There will be a follow-up with more info coming later in the month.

No comments: