Saturday, March 28, 2009

3.28.09

I really stopped drinking. I drink here and there but not like I used to. Those days of stumbling around drunk, picking fights, and slobbering with random whores are done. I go to a bar now and see these idiots jam packed in like a can of sardines spending hundreds buying girls drinks, who could care less if they live or die. Then Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" comes on and they act like its the first time they heard it in years and gleefully sing along.... when in reality they drunkenly sing along to this song every week.

I lost that anger in me.... and I realize a lot of that anger came from drinking. It really clogs up your mind negatively. Other drugs actually make you have deeper thoughts, or rather more unconventional thoughts... getting pounded drunk just makes you dumber and bloated. I never thought the day would come where I was ready to just about quit drinking for good, but it has. Maybe I have just grown up, cause some things that used to excite me just get me frustrated now. I have a new understanding and appreciation for tranquility. Staying home and watching some great films is becoming more exciting then getting tanked and going bar hopping. Maybe I'm getting more mature... or maybe I'm getting lame.

No comments: