Thursday, March 05, 2009

Internet Whores

Internet whores....

I love the internet... I spend a lot of time on the internet.. but I do not consider myself a internet whore. A internet whore is someone who fails to utilize the knowledge one can gain from the net. A internet whore is someone who spends all their time on Facebook, AIM, Myspace, and Twitter or some shit like that. Why are these sites popular? The same reason that tabloids and gossip mags are popular, because most people are nosy fucks and have poor self esteems. These social networks exploit both of these "needs". They make every joe schmo into a angelina jolie brad pitt with every body in their fucking business. What the hell is happening to privacy in this country? Especially with cell phones now, everyone knows what their friends are doing every second of the day... where is the mystery and intrigue? 

I never knew what Twitter was but have heard a lot of talk about it and decided to investigate it today. I watched an official video on it and pissed me the hell off. What it basically says is that your friends and family need to know what you are doing every minute of the day, and it is your obligation to update them even if you are "taking a shit".... because family members like to know things like that. "John is watching the Lakers" WHO GIVES A FUCK?! (Side Note: Someone told me I curse too much the other day... I totally disagree. To me curses are the "spice" to the english language. I like putting salt on my french fries... I like putting curses in my dialogue) All these social networking sites are doing are creating a generation of stalkers and nosey fucks. I really feel I am in many ways a throwback and have been born in the wrong generation. I  am also not fond of the pacing of movies and television today. Everything moves too fucking quick.... people have forgot the importance of suspense and tension. I'm still not sure if this is a global thing or American thing... I have not been out of the country yet. You know what the best day ever was... the blackout. I wish every fucking day was the blackout.

No comments: