Saturday, August 04, 2007

Making a Film pt.2

Well we got a little sidetracked. Me and two members of my team (Pit Stop Enterprises) are actually shooting a music video tommorrow for the "Sons of 1984", two white rappers named Gatsby and AD. This video will be entered into a youtube contest judged by 50 Cent and Common. The winner gets to record a single with G-Unit records and $10,000. Now how do I feel about this? Well since Eminem is non existent now a days, I think there is definetly a market for a white rapper. The thing is I'm not going to present them as gangsta in this video, cause they're not, they're two white boys from Long Island. 50 Cent....whatever, that style of rap is going out of style anyways, that overly gangsta stuff. And I also feel the streets are getting sick of 50 and G-Unit. The problem with them is overexposure. 50 is in movies, sneakers, Vitamin Water, Video games, and clothing...its a little overkill. However, I do like Common a lot. He is a "concious" rapper, who actually says things in his rhymes and shys away from gangster lyrics. He is also a really artsy dude. I'm not really expecting to win this contest, considering the fact that we were told about this contest like 5 days ago and the finished product is due August 17. Im sure there will be a lot of really well done entrys, but either way people will get to be exposed to their music and to our filming abilities. This is a warm-up for us until we film "Found", but all in all in should be good. I'll update about the shoot tommorrow.

No comments: