Monday, August 06, 2007

Making a Film pt.5



Editing sucks. Especially when you got a 1 day deadline and a pain in the ass "rap superstar" busting your balls, and to top it all off, you still don't even have the god damn finished song yet. Rite now things aren't looking great. We have the footage, the equipment, just not the time. We can get something out there no problem, but I want the best we can do. I just watched the whole 2 hours of footage jotting down notes. Some shots looked better in person, while a few just put my jaw to the floor. Oh another thing...one of my favorite shots, my cameraman forgot to hit record and we lost it. I noticed it but didn't get on his balls about it. We can't be fighting between us in a time where we are locked inside a tiny room editing. I heard a story that Scorsese used to edit with his wife. One time he got so angry he threw a typewriter at her and came within inches of killing her. That is editing my friends.

No comments: