Monday, August 06, 2007

Making a Film pt.4

Controversy with the music video. The group went back into the studio today with two singers and the famed DJ Chaci (DJChaci.com). Chaci added some scratching to the record, which basically I think kicks ass. The singing however...when I first heard it, I thought it sounded like some cats being skinned alive in the alleyway. Maybe I was a little harsh, but I knew deep down it wasn't rite. So I got on the phone rite away and the artist's agreed with me. Regretfully, one of the singers is getting cut out of the song....Hey, thats the breaks kid. Overall tho, I'm happy with the improvements. Some more funny stuff about the song...The second rapper, "Gatsby", dropped "shit" in the sing. "Shit" is a big no-no on on youtube! So that is being turned into "ish" now. Now for some more controversy. Gatsby also says the line, "Shove It!" The controversy is that it sounds exactly like "Fuck It!" I just hope that no one realizes the song says "Paul is dead!" when played backwards. I'm off to go edit this bad boy now.

No comments: