Wednesday, September 19, 2007

9.19.07



I have come to the conclusion that the worse sports team I have ever seen is current incarnation of the New York Knicks. Not just the team... but the managment, ownership, and everyone associated with this monstrosity. The downfall of this franchise started in 2003 when Isiah Thomas was hired.

Thomas obviously had no idea what the fuck he was doing and decided to build the team around Stephan Marbury, the most overrated player in the NBA and a loser on every team he has been on. The Knicks continued making weird signings and became the team with the largest payroll in the NBA. Despite spending so much, they still couldn't make the playoffs. Things started to look up when they managed to sign hall of fame coach Larry Brown. The team full of egos, decided not to play for him and he was soon gone. I also forgot to add during this time, Isiah Thomas wasted a draft pick on a player who decided not to come to the United States.

So now Thomas becomes the coach and the players run rampant. Do they finally make the playoffs? Nope. But that doesn't matter cause Thomas gets rewarded with a new multi year deal!

Now for the best part! The sexual harassment suit! Isiah Thomas has been doing some harassmentm and making some pretty outrageous claims....man I love this stuff...you just cant make it up...
"In a videotaped deposition played for the jury at fired Knicks exec Anucha Browne Sanders’ sexual harassment trial, Thomas said he drew a distinction between whites and blacks when it came to the B-word.
Asked if he was bothered by a black man calling a black female “bitch,” Thomas said: “Not as much. I’m sorry to say, I do make a distinction.
“A white male calling a black female a bitch is highly offensive,” Thomas said. “That would have violated my code of conduct.”
“Maybe I shouldn’t go there. … A white male calling a black female, that is wrong with me. I’m not taking that. I’m not accepting that. … That’s a problem for me.”

Duh! Everyone knows black people are allowed to call women bitches. But Thomas goes on to also make very racist comments. "Im Isiah Thomas Bitch!" Heres some more good old racism from Thomas..

"I don't give a -- about these white people, I don't give a -- about our season [ticket] subscribers,"

C'mon now...Kramer said "nigger" and he had to go into hiding. I think Thomas should at least get fired for these comments. Thomas is racist. He made a racist remark about Larry Bird back in the day, and one could just look at that team...where there is only one white player.


Marbury also took the stand. He was laughing and having a great time, saying he thought the lawsuit by the "black bitch" was a joke. He also described how he picked up a young intern. He simply drove up to her in his car and said, "Are you getting in or what?" She then got in and sex followed.

No comments: