Sunday, January 18, 2009

1.19.09



I would just like to point down to the post below... did I not say it would be the Cardinals and Steelers in the Super Bowl. I thought the Cardinals game would be a smaller point margin but I said Steelers by 10... and they won by 9. 

Watching football today I witnessed one of the most awkward and somewhat tasteless moments I have seen in a while. The coverage of the McGahee hit was one of the most barbaric things I have ever seen. I felt like I was sitting in the Coliseum giving the thumbs up for the lions to be released. First off, that was a NASTY NASTY hit. Everyone knew this game would be physical, but these guys were going helmet to helmet and awful lot. I wasn't actually watching during the live hit, but I heard the sound of the impact and turned to see. Then I saw the replay and knew it was bad... I knew someone was out bad, I saw how McGahee went down without being able to move his arms.

Now here is where I have a problem with CBS coverage. The must of showed the hit 38 times, each time getting slower and closer. It was honestly hard to watch. Sure, they might have taken the sound of the hit out, but it was still too much. You show the replay, but once you realize someone is really hurt, stop showing it again and again and show some respect. I don't need to keep seeing it, and if I really wanted to I could go check youtube the next day. And why didn't they cut to commercial? Why did I have to sit in silence watching people crowd around a fallen player and keep seeing the hit over and over again.

Its the same thing as people slowing down to view a car accident.... Or what pisses me off the most.. when there is an ambulance somewhere and total strangers have to stick there nose in and find out whats going on, whos sick, or whatever the hell else. Mind your fucking business people. If you can't help the situation, stay the hell out. 

I shouldn't have been watching the McGahee situation... yeah I was hoping for the best, but I'm not a personal friend of the guy or a teammate, this is a personal situation and thats what it should be. Take me to a commercial and then give me an update.... this wasn't the thing for kids to be viewing IMO either.

No comments: