Friday, February 29, 2008

2.30.08



Ummm wow. So Nas is really going to title his new album, "Nigger". Not the "-gga" less offensive version, but he is going with the hard R. I hope it wins best album of the year and the presenter at the Grammys is Kramer.

What do I think of this? I like it. I understand I'm not allowed to say the word and I accept it and it does not bother me. The whites screwed the blacks over for a very long time, the least we can do is as least let them have their own word. I also love the shock this word causes. The only other word i know that still has any venom is "cunt". I hope Nas realizes naming his album this is making a big statement, and I hope his album has some deep content that addresses racism. If the album is just filler pop rap hit songs, then he will single handidly ruin his career.

I own every 2Pac album except one. And that album is "Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z". Now for this one the word is an acronym, but I don't know what it stands for. For some reason I felt that this album wasn't for me.

No comments: